Menu
blue_cooler
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Peak Usage?

I'm re-evaulating the services I use from Virgin Media and want to know how I can check the average PEAK usage of broadband? 

For example; I may be on 200mb broadband, but my household never hits 100mb peak usage, so it's better for me to downgrade to a cheaper package. Or I may regularly hit 200mb, so it would be beneficial for me to upgrade my package and might fix half the problems I put down to "rubbish service".

Is it a simple call to VM find out? I doubt it as obviously it's not in their interest to provide that info. But at the same time, it is too!

Asking here, as it would save me x time sitting on hold to be told "we don't do that here".

Thanks.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Peak Usage?

Virgin don't hold information on usage, if your speed is slower than expected this will not be improved or lost with upgrading or downloading, if your speed is already not as it should be then maybe consider seeing what other packages are available.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
blue_cooler
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply. It's a shame Virgin doesn't hold this information.

" if your speed is already not as it should be then maybe consider seeing what other packages are available." - This is the problem. I want to know what it should be and pay accordingly. I can't answer that without data.

If customers were regularly hitting their limits, Virgin is missing a trick and not approaching those customers to get those upsells going. It's normal in the corporate world. But then again, I'd concede i'm not paying thousands of pounds a month for that level of service.

Looks like manual calculations on apps, services I use then.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@blue_cooler wrote:
If customers were regularly hitting their limits, Virgin is missing a trick and not approaching those customers to get those upsells going. It's normal in the corporate world. But then again, I'd concede i'm not paying thousands of pounds a month for that level of service.

Looks like manual calculations on apps, services I use then.

Virgin 'seemingly' up sell people based on how many devices are connected to their hub, not very good way if you have 14 smart light bulbs and 3 devices that actually use bandwidth.

Typically I always say work out how much upload you 'could' need when it comes to Virgin, I've just gone from 350Mb/s on Virgin to 50Mb/s on EE and everything is still working fine, actually many things I do are now better.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos