Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Outage

Hi,

Broadband is out on View Close (HA1) and few surrounding streets. All connections have been checked. Online checks have been done. Green flashing list on Hub 3.0 router. Service status says good, but this can’t be correct. Needs engineer to check exchange.

Regards

Jitesh

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Outage

Virgin Media don’t use Exchanges 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Distribution Box for FTTP or HTC. Power network were working on inspection hatch next to box so afraid issue might be related. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number – the UK call center is still picking up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Jitesh8,

Thanks for your post on our Communtiy Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

I've been able to look at the local area and it appears there is currently no outage showing.

How are the services looking currently? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Services are fine now. Issues resolved as soon as power company stopped working the area.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming for me.

If you experience any further issues, feel free to come back to us and we'll look into this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos