Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Issues

When are Virgin going to sort out the national problem which has been ongoing since November 4th?  Intermittent and long spells of outages for Broadband Internet and TV.  When you're reliant on a provider, it is really frustrating, when services constantly fail and drop out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Issues

There is no national issue. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Howcome people are reporting Internet, Broadband connection issues? I have had issues 6 times today with the Virgin network failing in our area.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There is NO national issue

Have you checked for “known network faults” in your region?

2 ways to do it.

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@rew570 wrote:
Howcome people are reporting Internet, Broadband connection issues? I have had issues 6 times today with the Virgin network failing in our area.

On here? Because it’s a support forum.

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I have, Virgin reported issues in my postcode area and if there are no issues, how do you explain the following:

https://istheservicedown.co.uk/status/virgin-media

rew570_0-1605027085255.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Because sometimes their connection “blips” and they go full force declaring an outage. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

There are issues in your postcode that represents square root of a very very small % of the National land mass and thus, VM service areas.

Be aware that VM areas are not geographic (postcodes are!) they are legacy billing areas.

For example - I am Area20 in Manchester - others on here in Area20 live in London, Brighton, Bristol etc, so if they say there is an Area issue it may be affecting tens of thousands of customers but it would be very unusual to affect the whole nation of VM customers.  Just the way they have it set up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos