Menu
BiggBadBri
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Intermittienty disconnecting

We have been having some issues, which seem to have worsened over the last couple of weeks where our BB connection drops out entirely for a few minutes per day. Seems to be when were both on voice conferences through teams/skype, and impacts all devices connected to the network so isn't related to the device.

It's pretty frustrating dropping out of calls in the middle of them (happened twice in a 2 hour call this morning), so would appreciate some support please.

I've read another thread on this, and have called 08005610061 which reports no issues, have checked the coax cables are tight & have now set up a broadband quality monitor as follows;

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/3579a14000d7c666e5826ebbd89b829d32...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Intermittienty disconnecting

The BQM isn't populating. Either you inputted the wrong current i.p. address on the TB site, or the Hub or your own router (?) is set to not respond to pings.

You didn't say... are your problems evident just on wifi connection or are they evident on ethernet cable connected devices too?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
BiggBadBri
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It just auto populated the IP address on the website. 

It's on Wi-Fi, haven't got anything other than the smart tv in the living room connected to ethernet 

0 Kudos
BiggBadBri
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No router too, just straight through the hub

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Go into your Hub settings and put the Hub Firewall to the settings shown below.

Hub-3-Firewall

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@BiggBadBri wrote:

No router too, just straight through the hub

We’re you connected to a VPN at the time?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
BiggBadBri
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Firewall settings were already set as that,.Just checked.

Yes, both work laptops through a VPN, but my iPhone loses the BB  connection at the same time 

0 Kudos
BiggBadBri
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
BiggBadBri
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Still had issues today, could do with some support please.

0 Kudos