Menu
Gandalf2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Hub3

I keep setting the Virgin Router 3 to duel 2.4 and 5 GHz, tick the box for both and apply the changes. I seem to achieve better speed set to both, but I'm finding after a while it defaults back to 2.4 automatically with the ticked box of 2.4GHz only. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone please advise.

Thank you

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Hub3

Do a 60 second pinhole reset on the hub and test again 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Gandalf2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Doing the 60 second pinhole reset would that maintain all my settings and router settings? and do you believe the pinhole reset would resolve the problem?
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No it would factory reset it to base again.

And possibly. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gandalf2, thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you've had this problem with your hub settings reverting to default. As far as I'm aware this would only usually happen if there's been a firmware update (not very frequently). In case there is a software issue causing it, a factory-reset as advised above would be the first thing to try:

With the Hub turned on, push the pinhole button all the way in and hold it there for a timed 60 seconds. Bear in mind your Hub settings and your passwords/passphrase for both the WiFi networks & settings will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card so all devices will need to be reconnected manually.  

Let us know if that helps.

Tom 

Gandalf2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the Hub seems to have stabilised over the last 2 days holding on to the rotation between 2.4 and 5 GHz so will leave the pinhole reset for the time being. 

Regards

0 Kudos