Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Dropouts, TV Interference

• Really bad internet and TV during recent known Hemel Hempstead issues, on top of the regular slow broadband. It seems the broadband is the correct speed according to speed tests (if they’re genuine), but not related to the speed sent from the router. Slow opening of pages and maps. Video streaming not good. Virgin also leave messages of completion dates which don’t happen. When I contacted Virgin for compensation, the operator said my complaint would be referred to OFCOM (whatever that means!) - and that the service would be back to normal by the 2nd August. That didn’t happen!  Before when I had a service disruption they gave me £10 a month discount until they’re ongoing repair works were completed. They are are not being very clever and definitely not winning any fans!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Dropouts, TV Interference

Hi Downloader141,
I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Gareth do I reply here? Can’t see a reply section when opening envelope. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Downloader141

You should be able to reply to my Private Message the same way you have replied to this 

Can you see this at all

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sorted! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for passing security Downloader141

I have just checked things from here and can see the following 

We currently still have a planned maintenance outage 

This is due to be fixed 6th August estimated time 17:30 

The reference number is M03988923  

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well that’s today. Hope that’s correct, because it’s worse now! Last week I was told on the phone 2 August. But my point is that before customer service have offered a discount when my broadband was down. This time even after asking they are not being very helpful with that. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have trying live chat with virgin with many times before also try talk (typetalk) cos I’m deaf. But still hold for one hour that I’m not very happy so why not contact u via forum. Need explain about this...

My area is Hemel Hempstead, I say same above Downloader141 that problem tv freeze or very bad pictures almost every days for almost one month also broadband disconnects same times. My wife not very happy that she can’t watch her favourite soaps that interrupt bad pictures and same time broadband disconnects which almost every days. Sometimes afternoons but most in evenings.

Not very happy that I trying explain to them, they say oh the fault you are experiencing has been identified as an area outrage. The great news is our team are aware of it and out engineers are doing everything they can to get this fixed asap. We expect our engineers to fix this up around 13.25pm on 29/07/2019.

What going on? I’m very disappointed cos I always trying hard to explain them about above problem. They always good excuse. I want know what going on.

Speedtest show download between 150mbs to 250mbs almost everyday but should be 500mbs. Uploads good as 36mbs but not download.

Hope to hear from you asap.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

They shouldn’t state a finish time until it is actually finished! Teheran online message gives no such promise it’s the operators who are giving incorrect information and being intransigent in not offering a discount for this loss of service! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

See what I mean Gary? Still not fixed! They shouldn’t give out a date of completion until it’s finished! 

0 Kudos