Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Down area ref 09

Broadband has been down for 2 days now, when checking the service status during the day it advises of a fault in the area, then at night it changes to say there is no problem although I cannot find my WiFi on any of my devices.

This started on Tuesday morning (03/11/20) about 9am

I have restarted and reset the hub.

I can't get through to the call centre as they are closed due to covid, not sure what else to do, I am working from home and really need this sorted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Down area ref 09

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre "IS" still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.

Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

Thanks for the quick response. Tried the 0800 number you provided and it advises there is no fault (although there is)  Also tried the 0345 number, which ia the one I called before posting on here and all I get after a few press 1 for this etc is that the call centre is closed and to press 1 to get a link sent to my mobile, then the call gets ended. I will maybe try first thing and see if I can get through.

Cheers

Adam.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Adam,

Welcome to the Community Forums 🙂 so sorry for our delayed response and to hear you had some issues with your broadband connection.

I hope you have been able to get things sorted since your last post to us, however if not please let me know so I can help from here!

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos