cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Connection - WIFI

helencostas
Joining in

Hello - I seem to be having ongoing wifi issues.  It's very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all.  The network was also down a few times and I do recall that it was out all day on 12 May 2021 as I couldn't work but I haven't received any credit for this on my account even though I called in to be informed that the there was work being done in my area.  What's the issue with the service?

4 REPLIES 4

helencostas
Joining in

Hello - I seem to be having ongoing wifi issues.  It's very slow and sometimes doesn't work at all.  The network was also down a few times and I do recall that it was out all day on 12 May 2021 as I couldn't work but I haven't received any credit for this on my account even though I called in to be informed that the there was work being done in my area.  What's the issue with the service?

sophist
Trouble shooter

Is the connection also unstable for devices that are connected via ethernet? 

In order for compensation/credit to be applied to your account i believe that there needs to be a complete outage to service for 2+ days, so the single day won't count i'm afraid.

Can you post the power data and logs from your router - browse to your hub on  http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

also worth setting up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

edit: merged your double-post.

No the connection is more unstable via wifi? 

From my experience, compensation/credit is applied to my account even if the outage is just for a day and to be honest the outage has been more than a day although I never lodged the date for previous ones so I still think the one in May should be credited.

I don't understand this:
Can you post the power data and logs from your router - browse to your hub on  http://192.168.0.1 - don't log in, click Router Status - copy/paste the tables from the Upstream, Downstream and Network Log tabs back to this thread - you'll need multiple posts for this, the info wont all fit into a single one..

also worth setting up a BQM - once set up, find the Live Graph and click "Create Sharing Link" - post that back here.

edit: merged your double-post.

Please explain exactly what I need to do as it is not clear.

Thank you.

Open a web browser, and in the address bar enter http://192.168.0.1 (or just click <--that link)

That will open up the hubs management interface.

Don't put the password in - look for a link on the page that reads "Router Status"- click this link. This will open up a new page with a set of tabs at teh top labelled Upstream, Downstream and Network log.. click on the downstream tab, then select the table(s) and hit CTRL+C then paste the output (CTRL+V) into a reply on this thread.. then rinse/repeat for the Upstream and Network Log tabs.

NB, if you have a Hub4 then you will need to log into the hub and browse to Advanced -> router status.. any other hub and you won't need to log in first to get to the data.