Menu
Loganhawks
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Connection Issue

Hello, i have been having connection issues for months.

I recently had a tech visit out to fix my downstream power level issues as they were out of range.

I hoped that would've resolved my issue however its still on going.

My connection is repeatedly hiccupping.

It doesn't matter if its Wifi or hardwired I am experiencing it on both.
I noticed my pre & post RS errors have been creeping up over the week.

Any suggestion what is causing this and how do i get it resolved? 

Screenshot_20210504-095907_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210504-095917_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210504-095901_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20210504-095913_Chrome.jpg

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Connection Issue

Not looking great can you try this...

First switch the Hub off for 5 minutes AND unplug it from the mains. Whilst it's off, do a quick check that all of your coax cable connections are in nice and "finger" tight - at the Hub and wall box and also at any connectors etc. Ensure there are no “unterminated cable loose ends. Disconnect all the connections and reconnect to be sure. Also check that the internal wiring is ok with no kinking or chaffing, check that all looks good with the outside cabling and wall box. Then switch it on again and leave 5 minutes

When done, check back in the settings and ensure that the RS error counts have all reset to 0. Then check every hour or two for the next day or two to see if they start reappearing - they shouldn't. If they do (particularly the postRS ones) you have a problem (noise) that only a Tech visit will sort.

If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Loganhawks
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John, thanks for the tips.
I rebooted today, i have Pre RS errors but no Post RS errors yet.

I forgot i set up a bbi monitoring previously.

Loganhawks_1-1620243428901.jpg

shall i call virgin again for another tech visit?

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If that is your current BQM - definitely! (also if the PostRS Errors are climbing again!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Loganhawks
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Its the same again today however my post RS are keeping to Zero but Pre RS are still rising.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, Loganhawks,

Apologies for the delayed reply, our records show that you have been in touch with our phone team. You can view an change your appointments here

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos