Menu
eh95
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Coax Cable

Hi, my dad was fitting new skirtings today and accidentally pulled the coax cable out the wall, he then put it back on but I wasn't getting an internet connection. On inspection he saw that part of the wiring inside was bent. After several reboots the WiFi has finally came back on but I was wondering where is best to get another coax cable as this one is damaged?

I tried the live chat and phoning the number it gave me but from there it just did a service check on the box that said the cable wasn't plugged in 

Thanks in advance for any help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband Coax Cable

call it in or wait here for VM staff to get to the post in a week and they can arrange an engineer

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

g0akc
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Is the internet working?

if you need a new cable you will need to ring Virgin and likely have a technician visit - only they can supply the cables - you’re not supposed to use any from elsewhere.

They will likely charge for a visit (£99?) as your fault - not their fault.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Step 1. Measure the length of the original cable

Step 2.  Find a Virgin van on the street.

Step 3. Speak to the Virgin engineer very politely and ask for a same length cable. May need to negotiate how many drinks the engineer would accept.

Step 4. Replace cable at home.

Warning.. replace cable at own risk. If you not got a clue don't try this at home.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.