Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Bridge mode no longer working

Hi all,

I have recently set the hub 3.0 to bridge mode and plug in a new router which worked perfectly for a week. It was straight configuration, just set the bridge mode and connect the lan cable to the wan port in my new router and automatically i was having internet access through my new router.

Yesterday, after a week of use, i decided to move the new router to a new location via a PLC, but now the router is not picking up the internet through the WAN port. I have plugged in a laptop at the other end of the PLC and I am having connectivity to the internet.

Router setup has not been altered, so my only question, has anything changed at the virgin end? Otherwise i cant figure out what it could the root cause of the problem.

The router logs show the following error:

- Your ISP's DHCP does not function correctly

Hope anyone can help

Thanks and regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bridge mode no longer working

Could be the powerline plug interfering.

Powerlines will also greatly reduce speeds and connectivity to the router. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick answer, but that is not the problem. The connectivity and the other end is fine and actually, I plugged the router to the eth port, just in case the problem was on the PLC, and it is not working and throwing the same error 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Remove the PLC and connect the WAN port of the router to the hub. Do not use PLC for the WAN port.
MAC change may of happened so power off the hub for two mins.
---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You need to power off the hub then reconnect the router.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I did power off and on both the router and the hub 3.0 yesterday several times. I did not wait several minutes with the hub 3.0 off though. Still this did not solve the problem. Do i have to wait for a certain amount of time?

Again, I don't think the PLC is to be blamed here, I could connect to the internet with the following setup:

- Hub 3.0 in bridge mode -> PLC near hub -> PLC other room -> PC connected via PLC ETH all working fine and getting the max speed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did you power it all off again before disconnecting your PC from the powerline and connecting the router in its place?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@fcoayuso wrote:

- Hub 3.0 in bridge mode -> PLC near hub -> PLC other room -> PC connected via PLC ETH all working fine and getting the max speed.

You should not use PLC like that.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This was only a test to make sure it was not a PLC issue. My setup would be, in theory, the following:

- Hub 3.0 in bridge mode -> PLC near hub -> PLC other room -> New Router 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't remember, but I will give it a try later.

0 Kudos