cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new hub flashing red

Travelinsoul
Joining in

My hub is flashing a red light, but I have checked all the wires and all are connected securely. No service fault in my area and I’m still connected only received this hub last month after previous issues with virgin connection. Can anyone help please? A technician is coming thurs afternoon but I’m losing nearly 2 days of working from home time & seriously ready to leave virgin.  I can't really identify the problem because my computer is able to connect to the wifi, but there is no internet. Please help thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

Client62
Legend

Check for a service fault via 0800 561 0061

If your computer is able to connect to the Hub's menu at http://192.168.0.1/ you are able to check what is in the section "Check router status" and also after logging in to the menu review the status information.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Travelinsoul 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the red light issue on your router. Please see here for an explanation on the lights. 

I can also see that you had a tech visit cancelled and then you've rebooked it. I need to make you aware this may auto cancel again, as you are part of an area fault. 

F010882437 - this is your reference. The estimated fix date is tonight so hopefully when this is fixed, your issue will be as well.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’ve checked and no fault in the area and called that number too. I can’t check any website because I have no broadband. Hopefully it works itself out tonight otherwise I will speak to the technician Thursday 

Thanks for coming back to us @Travelinsoul 

Please be mindful of my prior reply with the fault number attached. Hopefully fixed tonight but if not, drop us another line and we'll check it again. We're back from 8am tomorrow morning.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Will do thanks 

Client62
Legend

F010882437  means there is a known fault, the 0800 561 0061 number should be aware of that now.

I have an email to say it has been fixed but it still hasn’t. My hub is flashing green and I am connected to the wifi but it is still showing ‘no internet connection’ 

Hi @Travelinsoul 👋.

Thanks for reaching back out to us. Apologies you are still facing issues, since the issue has been resolved in your area have you rebooted the Hub since?

Also, are you using a work based laptop with a VPN in order to see that message, it is a default message but will still provide you with internet services?

And have you tested on other devices? 

Please let me know. 

Sabrina

Tested on phone and a work laptop and still no luck. Just connects but says no internet connect and hub is still flashing green