Plug it into the Hub with a Cat 5e (or better) ethernet cable to see if the disconnects still happen.
What Hub model is it? Have you tried a pinhole reset ?
-------------------- John --------------------
I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
My daughters start uni tomorrow. It would be really bad if it disconnects in the middle of their online sessions. It disconnects very often after the laptop is turned on. Sometimes after 5 mins and then it takes time to connect again. It won’t let us connect again. It’s really irritating.
All our phones, Samsung tablet and iPad are completely fine. It’s never disconnected.
why just laptops?
Last year a person came to ‘separate’ our internet as that was causing it to disconnect. So we had two connections.
Separating the wireless frequencies should sort this out for you. Here is how to do it:
• Access your Hub by navigating to 192.168.0.1
• Login with the default login info (on base of Hub) unless you've already updated it.
• Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless > Security
• Under Wireless Frequency 2.4GHz change the Wifi Network Name (SSID) and the Wifi password (network key).
• Repeat for the Wireless Frequency 5GHz and click on Apply changes.*
*Make sure that both frequencies are named differently and are still identifiable (adding 2.4 and 5 to the end of each should suffice).