cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Both WiFi Pods Stopped Working at the same time last night.

nlm58
Joining in

I am on a 1gig Volt plan and have two Wifi Pods which have been fine for a few months since setting up. This morning I noticed both pods had flashing blue lights. I've tried restarting the Hub 5 and moving the pods to the same room but they will not reconnect.

The Hub 5 is working fine with both ethernet and wifi.

Seems more than a coincidence that both pods should go offline at the same time. I've seen a similar issue on here from someone who had a Hub 3 and resolved the disconnected pods by doing a factory rest of the Hub, then powering it off for 10 mins before restarting and then reconnecting the pods.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions on what may have happened and if there's anything else I can try before taking such a drastic step as a full factory reset of the Hub. Would also be interested as to why this would happen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nlm58
Joining in

Update for anyone else who experiences this issue.

I did as a previous user did with their Hub 3

Reset the Hub 5 to factory settings > Powered it off for 5mins > Input my previous wifi settings > plugged in first pod and it reconnected after about 5 mins. Same with the second one.

Not sure what happened here but the Hub 5 seemed to have stopped broadcasting its SSID as my AirPrint printer which is in the same room also couldn't see it. Had to re-log in the printer.

As an aside I have moved one of the pods and plugged in an ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports. It works fine with much better throughput speeds this way.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

nlm58
Joining in

Update for anyone else who experiences this issue.

I did as a previous user did with their Hub 3

Reset the Hub 5 to factory settings > Powered it off for 5mins > Input my previous wifi settings > plugged in first pod and it reconnected after about 5 mins. Same with the second one.

Not sure what happened here but the Hub 5 seemed to have stopped broadcasting its SSID as my AirPrint printer which is in the same room also couldn't see it. Had to re-log in the printer.

As an aside I have moved one of the pods and plugged in an ethernet cable to one of the LAN ports. It works fine with much better throughput speeds this way.