Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Boosters

So Iv got WiFi dead zones in my house after scanning the house with the virginmedia connect app it said I could order a free booster so I go though the process untill it says you must contact us to proceed which I did few hours on the phone yesterday I was passed from customer service to faults could not get through until this morning long and short of it now is my package is eligible for a free booster if I pay £35 for the hub 4 and £5 delivery because now the hub 4 is out they don't provide them to customers with hub 3 any more for free while I am tempted to upgrade because of the more bonded channels because my area is particularly issues with high utilisation I kinda feel I'm paying to upgrade and ease congestion of the network

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boosters

Hi WW9091,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your WiFi. 

Have you been able get the boosters ordered?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yea I managed to get through to retentions who ordered one and said that he would try and speak to some one about getting put on the list for this trial for the hub 4 because he said he could get one sent out but could not get it provisioned and would see if he could escalate it to the team who's responsible for the trial given the history of issues in this area stretching 5 years iv been here 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@WW9091 wrote:

Yea I managed to get through to retentions who ordered one and said that he would try and speak to some one about getting put on the list for this trial for the hub 4 because he said he could get one sent out but could not get it provisioned and would see if he could escalate it to the team who's responsible for the trial given the history of issues in this area stretching 5 years iv been here 

The hub4 isn’t on “trial”. It’s under general availability.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just relaying what iv been told over the phone he maintained its still under trial to a selection of customers not on gig1 and only available to gig1 customers but iv been getting different answers from different departments so I have no idea can only go by what VM are telling me 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm what broadband package you're on?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ultimate oomph bundle 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that. 

Did the agent advise if/when you would get any notification concerning the hub 4?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Been told to Wait for an email 📧 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Okay, just to you are aware. I have taken a look on our side and I can see there is a reported area issue. 

It is an SNR Issue. The fault reference for this is: F008557609.

The current estimated fix date is: 13 NOV 2020 09:00.

^Martin

0 Kudos