Menu
Gst1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Boosters now obsolete

I just got off the phone to a VM tech guy who couldn’t sort out my booster problem and said they no longer use boosters and I should order an intelligent hub but can’t order one until the last week of February, is this true because I couldn’t understand why he couldn’t get our booster working and felt like I was fobbed off

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Boosters now obsolete

I'm not 100% sure, but know Virgin are beginning to push their new intelligent wifi pods. Some people already have them and others are being sent them next week as part of a trial. These create a mesh network via the Hub 3 and Hub 4.

Mesh networks are much more stable than power line and would presume what you have been told is correct.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/intelligent-wifi-pods-new

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM have retired the boosters and replaced them with Wifi Pods - which is a rebranded mesh system developed by Plume.  The stock issues are real. 

Pods are available for free if you're on the gig service, or an ultimate oomph package, otherwise they cost £5 per month and are, imho, poor value - you'd be better off buying a mesh system / router that better meets your needs.

0 Kudos
tehwolf
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not 100% sure, but know Virgin are beginning to push their new intelligent wifi pods. Some people already have them and others are being sent them next week as part of a trial. These create a mesh network via the Hub 3 and Hub 4.

Mesh networks are much more stable than power line and would presume what you have been told is correct.

the first release of the pod is now generally available (subject to stock issues) the new trial starting soon is for an updated version i believe. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes that's right. I've just been accepted for the new trial and told they'll be arriving next week.

0 Kudos