Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Boosters are not strong enough signal to security cameras outside g

I had problems with hub3, sending a signal to my security cameras outside walls. Virgin suggested a booster, which they sent me. But boosters are not sending a signal strong enough for my security cameras to work. What will be the next step. Cameras were working fine with my last Internet providers. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Boosters are not strong enough signal to security cameras outside g

A mesh system would be best or running some cabled access points.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a mesh system, and how does it work

How do I get a mesh system and what is a mesh system 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a mesh system, and how does it work

Please keep to your original post - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Boosters-are-not-strong-enough-signal-to-se...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I get a mesh system, and how does it work

A  Mesh system is a group of Wi-Fi transmitters / receivers that daisy chain together to give a wide area coverage.

You can get them at all the major retailers.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020