Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Booster

I have been trying to order 2 x boosters for days but nobody is responding to me. I tried through the connect app. That directed me to a phone number. That directed me to a text service. I got a response from that to say they couldn't help and they would pass me to someone else. I am still waiting on that someone else... !! Running out if patience!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

Hi Stubo25,

It may take a day or two for Forum Staff to pick this up for you.

A number of the tech guru's on here advise you are probably better buying a second router or setting up  a mesh system.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

Sometimes these powerline boosters work well, sometimes they don't.  They are worth trying if they are free as part of your package. 

If you're expected to pay for them then they are very poor value, and you'd be better off buying a decent router or mesh system.  Entry level for wifi mesh is sixty quid for the Tenda Nova MW3 from Currys, although the slightly superior TP-Link Deco M4 is currently seventy quid from Argos.

But make sure that your cable connection is working properly, because if that's faulty then spending any amount on new wifi kit won't help you.  Where a mesh system helps is with blackspots and speeds that fall off as you move round the property.  If you're having latency problems or complete disconnections that's as often as not a poor broadband connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks