Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Booster

Hi

Received a new booster but cannot connect to the same network WiFi and password. Tried resetting a number of times the website to change WiFi settings does not exists which is strange as it’s in the leaflet to setup virgin media-vmp any ideas?

cheers

Paul

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster

What name is it broadcasting at the moment?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi its broadcasting the booster name not the main wifi name. Tried WPS but still i have the main wifi upstairs and the booster wifi name downstairs.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK first things first, if you connect to the booster name does it work and do you get an internet conenction?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

yes
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

OK

So if you want it to the be the same name as the hubs wifi then logon to the boosters admin page and manually change the SSID's and passwords

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary, Ok where do i find the boosters admin page?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Either connect with the VMP url that's detailed in the instruction booklet, or you can login to the hub, go to connected devices and get the IP of the wifi booster.

You can then enter this into a browser and login with the password printed on the back of the wifi booster.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gary,

Ok will try now and let you know thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Gary,

Thank you thank you it worked and the signal is 100 times better. Thank you for the answers and easy explaining where to find the Booster.

Cheers

Paul

0 Kudos