Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Booster order Error

Hi, i've been trying to order WiFi Boosters as the Connect App has told me i need them but i keep getting an Error telling me to call up. Now i don't mind calling up and waiting however there is no option to just speak to someone. How can i get these ordered so i can use my upstairs bathroom? 😉

Thank you

M Lloyd
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster order Error

Depends. Boosters are only free on the Gig1 service or those with a Hub4

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Not what it's telling me online. My Package Qualifies me for free Boosters and i have M500 with Hub 3 but i have the Ultimate Oomph Bundle.

Probably best for you to know what you're talking about before replying IMO.

M Lloyd
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@MattyLloyd30 wrote:

Not what it's telling me online. My Package Qualifies me for free Boosters and i have M500 with Hub 3 but i have the Ultimate Oomph Bundle.

Gary is correct.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@MattyLloyd30 wrote:

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/gig1-fastest-broadband-uk 

WiFi Booster available only to eligible customers for whom Virgin Media has identified a blackspot inside the registered account address (either by a technician or a Virgin Media agent). Max.3 WiFi Boosters total available per account.  Booster is at no extra monthly cost for Virgin Fibre customers on Gig1 Fibre Broadband with a Hub 4.  Monthly charge will apply if you downgrade to an ineligible Virgin Fibre package. Price for Virgin Fibre customers who have (or downgrade at any time to) other packages is an additional £3 a month per Booster, cancellable at any time on 30 days’ notice. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Got through to a Human being earlier and have had my Boosters ordered. I Qualify for them on my current Package.

Have a nice day 🙂

M Lloyd
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@MattyLloyd30 wrote:

Got through to a Human being earlier and have had my Boosters ordered. I Qualify for them on my current Package.

Have a nice day 🙂

Well we can only comment based on the information on the website, so technically not incorrect.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You have done well to get through to CS in such quick time (less than 20 minutes) and got the outcome that you wanted especially since they are closed (they close at 20:00 GMT.)

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well it is incorrect.  At this current time with Covid and Call Centres been shutRe: Booster order Error

Well it is incorrect. 

At this current time with Covid and Call Centres been shut, people are relying on coming here for Answers. How many do you think take your word for it? If i had taken Garys word i would be stuck with a poor signal in half my home and infact i was actually eligable for Boosters. I never said i wanted them free either 😉

I also never mentioned i had "just" got off the phone to customer service i said i had called them earlier. Look at the date and time of the post they have been open all day. 

M Lloyd
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Well it is incorrect.  At this current time with Covid and Call Centres been shutRe: Booster order E

@MattyLloyd30 wrote:

Well it is incorrect. 

At this current time with Covid and Call Centres been shut, people are relying on coming here for Answers. How many do you think take your word for it? If i had taken Garys word i would be stuck with a poor signal in half my home and infact i was actually eligable for Boosters. I never said i wanted them free either 😉

I also never mentioned i had "just" got off the phone to customer service i said i had called them earlier. Look at the date and time of the post they have been open all day. 

We can't exactly say "It says this on the website, however you can take your chances and try to get a free booster regardless of package you are on" as this would be false information.

It isn't Gary's word, it's information on VM's website I clearly stated in an above post.

0 Kudos