Menu
Laura1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Booster issues

I have had the boosters for a while and they have never worked properly if at all. 3 storey house so need to get better signal on the top floor. 

I spend hours trying to fix each weekend with resets etc.  I can’t get through to Virgin as too busy and get cut off and life is too short.

Is there a solution to get them to work or throw the whole thing in the bin? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster issues

VM now supply “wifi pods” (not “boosters”). These are free to customers on the 1GB or Ultimate Oomph packages, and so are worth trying if you are on one of those. There are stock supply issues at the moment though.

Otherwise, you will be charged £5/month - and at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" solution that will be yours to own and use forever.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
alexfletcher
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I already have one VM booster (upstairs) that works fine. Struggling in a room downstairs with low speeds/dropout - hard to get through to VM etc - so is there a "buy" option for a third party booster that is compatible with Hub3 etc (& the existing booster)? Cheers.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I dont know (others will comment) but I would expect any "booster" to be compatible - but whether they are any good or not is another question. The only ones I would consider (before dismissing the thougft) would be the "Devolo" ones - and they are north of £100. For that sort of money you would get a decent wireless router or introductory Mesh system that would perform far better.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos