Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Booster help

Hi

Recently upgraded to the Hub3, and whilst wifi coverage is slightyl better, there is still 2 places at either end of my house that has blackspots.

According to the app, one end is "poor" and the other end cant even connect to wifi. ive gone through the reboot and optimise process at the poor end and says i need a booster. takes me to the website where i get the "oops something went wrong" message.

Hoping a VM rep will pick this up on here and be able to assist, as i really dont want to be calling India.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster help

What’s wrong with calling the help desk?

Do you have to pay for the booster?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What’s wrong with calling the help desk?

Hahahahhahahaha!  Hahhahahahahaha!  You must be new here?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No I had to call the help desk the other day for my mother and got through to a guy straight away (in the UK, not that it matters). 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you get them free, try them first by all means.  Usually they work OK, sometimes they don't.

If you don't get them free, then think again as around £40 a year ongoing rental is shocking poor value when you can buy one outright for £20-£40 (depending on type), or stretch the budget and buy a mesh wifi system for £70-100.

--If you think my answer helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@gary-dexter

Look we've got a parrot!  It repeats a combination of your and my posts. 

C'mon parrot, say "Poo".

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have a hub and booster but would like another booster as the signal does not extend right to the back of our house.  Can I order an additional one?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Calling the helpdesk requires the help of a translator. Mines out of town.

And no, if you have the Full house TV they are free.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hiya Stoob, 

Thanks for using the forums to get some boosters sent out to you, no translator needed here on the forums lol 🙂

I can get some sent out to you, I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about account info.

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos