Menu
Psjc1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Booster has died

I have a Virgin booster duo . The booster has stopped working . the main booster has no lights . The secondary booster has red flashing lights . I can’t get them to reset ,can’t set them up again as Virgin app says to scan the back- it won’t scan. 
trued to call but can’t access a human and the preloaded options don’t answer the problem then cut me off . Need it fixed for wfh - help please !! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster has died

Boosters are no longer provided and have been replaced with "pods".

These are only free if you are on the Ultimate Oomph or Gig1 bundles.

Otherwise they cost £5 per month which is not financially viable - I hope you're not currently paying a monthly rental for the boosters you have...

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Time to get a better Wi-Fi router or mesh system and use the hub in modem mode....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Psjc1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear your boosters have stopped working. 

I have been able to locate your account for you and it looks as though you recently spoke with an agent regarding this. 

Have they been able to resolve this for you? If not please do let us know so we can assist further. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Psjc1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They said boosters no longer available , need pods instead , but they’re out of stock at the moment for at least a couple of weeks and my monthly bill went up by 25% earlier this year anyway, so not willing to pay another £5 a month for something that was free before. So still got wifi problems in half the house , and looking into other internet/tv providers 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd do what @g0akc suggests!

If you're happy with the speed and connection - get your own, better router!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and update, Psjc1,

We do aim to have pods restocked as soon as we can. Have you tried other solutions suggested within this forum post by other members?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos