cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booster cutting out

CraigW75
Tuning in

Every day my booster will cut out for around 5 minutes. Hub is working fine. This only happens with 1 booster. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What "boosters" are they? VM dont supply boosters anymore - they have "Pods" - are they from VM - or yours?

Have you pinhole reset them and set them up from scratch again. What Hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

They are Virgin Powerline Boosters, got them from Virgin about 6 months ago. The Hub is a Super Hub 2.

Tries the reset, no joy.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Then you will have to report them as faulty - call it in as a fault. Not sure if they will be able to replace them anymore - but worth a try and as you are on a SH2 you cant get Pods.

TBH - I would just get my own to replace the VM ones - or a different solution - for wifi.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks John, much appreciated . Think I’ll just buy some new ones.

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, CraigW75,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with the powerline boosters. Have you tried resetting it? Our online help tool might get it reset for you: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-troubleshooting

Cheers,

Corey C