forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Staceyb1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Booster connection and loss of Now TV stick connection

So since my last post regarding issues with our booster in the main bedroom I'm still having problems.

Can anyone tell me if there is a contact number so I can arrange for an engineer to come out to the house to look at our issue?

Also as we have a TiVo box in our bedroom which is showing poor connection. So does the booster need to be connected to that box or does it need to be connected and paired to the booster down stairs near our hub and connected to the hub (all very confusing I know). 

My other issue is since losing connection upstairs to that booster my son can no longer gets his Now TV stick to connect properly and the quality has gone from good to poor and keeps buffering and freezing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster connection and loss of Now TV stick connection

A TiVo doesnt connect to a wifi booster. Is it really a TiVo or do you mean a V6 or a 360 box?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Staceyb1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's the box that virgin install I'm not sure what it's called sorry 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6 v TiVo.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Staceyb1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It's the V6 box 👍

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried remaking the network connection on the V6? Get there from....

Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection What does it report in there about the connection quality?

You would have to call in to arrange a Tech visit. But be aware they will not send one if they test your network connection details and see no problems. Have you tested the connection stability on a device connected directly to the Hub with an ethernet cable?

I cant help with "boosters" as I never use them (they are worse than poor IMHO).

I have 3 V6's - one is on an ethernet cable connection as its very close to our router and two distant ones that connect just fine on wifi - but I do use my own better quality wireless equipment 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------