Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Booster connected but not broadcasting

Hello,

My powerboost was system was working just fine for the last few months.  It broadcasts a VMP network name, so I know when its broadcasting.  This morning it stopped broadcasting.  I have restarted everything, including the hub.  The booster is connected to the internet, as the computer plugged into the booster with an ethernet cable works fine.  But not wifi broadcast.

I tried pushing the wifi button on the side several times to see if it made a difference.  No change.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster connected but not broadcasting

Reset it.

Or get some better equipment

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuartlwilliams, thanks for your post.

If it's VM boosters you're having problems with the troubleshooting guide here may offer a solution: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-booster-troubleshooting

Hope this helps.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They are VM boosters. I have done all the troubleshooting. Followed all the guides, reset, etc. No luck.
It connected to the internet fine. White light is only light on. But no wifi broadcast.
In fact, just plugged in an old draytek to the booster via ethernet and set that to share wifi, and that's working. So why won't the VM booster broadcast a wifi?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Are they broadcasting the same SSID as the hub?

What makes you believe they’re not broadcasting?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

VMP is the default start name to the booster wifi.  Half my house was connected to it.  Now that Wifi network doesn't exist.

The main router is VM..... and is working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuartlwilliams,

I'm sorry if you've already tried this but have you tried resetting the WiFi Boosters back to factory and set it up again to see if it it pops up? Can you confirm that the lights on the boosters are on? Can none of your devices see the network?

Sorry for all these questions, just trying to get a clearer picture.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos