Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Booster Connection Issues

According to my Virgin Media Connect App there is an issue with my Boosters (Exclamation Mark Showing) and this seems to be backed up by the fact I have little or no signal anywhere in my house apart from the room where my Router is located.

I've tried many times to reset them without success so any ideas?

I've had 6 months of Wifi issues and just submitted a Complaint to Virgin as it's impossible to speak to anybody at Virgin to provide assistance but their happy to take the monthly payment. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster Connection Issues

@RH-Gregg wrote:

According to my Virgin Media Connect App there is an issue with my Boosters (Exclamation Mark Showing) and this seems to be backed up by the fact I have little or no signal anywhere in my house apart from the room where my Router is located.

I've tried many times to reset them without success so any ideas?

I've had 6 months of Wifi issues and just submitted a Complaint to Virgin as it's impossible to speak to anybody at Virgin to provide assistance but their happy to take the monthly payment. 

Virgin do no guarantee Wi-Fi speeds or connectivity so it unlikely there’ll be any resolution to your complaint. It’s also not what you pay for.

If you need better Wi-Fi get your own router or mesh system and run the hub in modem mode. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booster Connection Issues

As Gary Dexter rightfully says, wifi issues can be caused by many local variables, (house construction, nearby airports/RADARS, microwave ovens, neighbours wifi etc etc). Also remember (like they apparently say in the army), "Remember your equipment was made by the lowest cost manufacturer". 
If you are serious about your Wifi, then invest in a decent Router, it will cost you a few quid but the difference in networking will make it worthwhile.  

https://uk.pcmag.com/routers/8151/the-best-wireless-routers 

0 Kudos