Menu
flyinglion
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Booking an Engineer - All other options tried - Fault N14 London

For the last 30 days + I have experienced and continue to encounter horrific upload speeds of 0.01mbps, packet losses up to 100%, TM3 timeouts and other issues one can find on my previous posts. Neighbours on my road have also experienced the same problems. Home schooling and running a business from home are being severely disrupted. 

This is definitely an external VM problem with data correlating to a fault in the power signal from my 'local' exchange. In reality this is easy to fix by an engineer, hooking up a test kit to the box to see what your levels and then adjust and if they can.

Unfortunately communicating with VM about this issue has been a farce, and that is an understatement. Dozens of phone calls, Twitter messages, they won't acknowledge the fault, and have given me the generic answer that "engineers are fixing it" and to visit virginmedia.com/help which I can't even load up. All while network status on the hub settings shows as normal.

Could someone please assist me from here to book an engineer?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Booking an Engineer - All other options tried - Fault N14 London

Try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that may not cover problems affecting a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.