Menu
Birchallc
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Book engineer

Hi, I have had engineers out today working on cables outside to my house and now my internet and tv services are completely dead. I need an engineer ASAP to resolve this? I have tried calling virgin with no results. Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book engineer

What does the service status page show?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Birchallc
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It says no known issues but I have been on the phone to virgin at they said all my services are disconnected but she said she isn’t able to book an engineer from her end (fobbed me off). I can see the reel of cable in my front garden is not connected! 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If it’s an ongoing or known issue they won’t book another engineer.

The assumption is the team will be back to fix the issue 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Birchallc wrote:

Hi, I have had engineers out today working on cables outside to my house and now my internet and tv services are completely dead. I need an engineer ASAP to resolve this? I have tried calling virgin with no results. Thanks

Were the engineers booked by you or is it 'general' work?

I'd have imagined if the engineers were booked by you, to fix something on your property; they'd have kept you updated as to what was happening regarding completion times etc.

If it isn't something you've booked - then you've every right to be furious!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Birchallc
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have spoke to virgin media again today and they have confirmed that there is a blockage outside for my cable and I will now have to wait until 12th May for them to receive planning permission from the council to do the work. My partner works from home and needs the internet! What a nightmare

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Birchallc wrote:

I have spoke to virgin media again today and they have confirmed that there is a blockage outside for my cable and I will now have to wait until 12th May for them to receive planning permission from the council to do the work. My partner works from home and needs the internet! What a nightmare

Residential services don’t cover for home working or have SLA’s for faults and repairs.

If internet connectivity is imperative then get a second backup DSL line and/or a 4G/5G router.

0 Kudos