cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Book an engineer

Wigfish
Joining in

Hi, please can you tell me how to book an engineer? I need the wiring to my hub repaired. We cleared our front garden yesterday and discovered the wires are exposed and loose. We must have dislodged something, because now the hub can't connect to the Internet. We've tried rebooting and resetting several times, as well as jiggling the wires. How do we get this repaired asap? I need the wifi to run my business. Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
There are a few options. Firstly call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Use option 2 (faults), dont press any other buttons when offered and you should be in the queue for the next agent. They will book a Tech to sort it. There may or may not be a £25 charge (for non-faut call outs)

Or try options 1,1,4,4, “thinking of leaving” - they usually pick those calls up quickly and the retentions are UK based and then transfer you to the appropriate queue (or cut you off !).

Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly at busy/closed times you may get redirected to offshore - hence calling early is best.

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

You can text VM on 0753 305 1809 include account name/number and what the issue is, there is also a “Chat” option on their website - but note that replies usually take longer. Or you can speak to the team on WhatsApp by logging into your online account via a mobile handset and there will be a link to speak to VM by Whats App (the number is 0730 532 71120 - but no guarantee)

FINALLY… A VM person will pick this up on here and respond, but it can take a few days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks so much John, that's really helpful and insightful! 🙂

All the best

Sophie.

Hey Wigfish, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am sorry you was finding it hard to get a tech booked and I'm glad the tips have helped you which was suggested.

I can also see you have spoke to the team on this, and they have managed to get this resolved for you.

Please can you keep me updated on how this goes. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?