Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Book an Engineer

Hi,

I need to book an engineer visit and I can't get through on the phone because all your call centers are closed due to Coronavirus (!).

I have just moved property and set-up using the "easy transfer" and now I have an intermittant Internet connect and the TV shows a message saying that there is a problem.

How do I get this resolved? I have tried restarting the box many times - it clearly needs an engineer visit.

Matt.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Book an Engineer

Hi Matt,

Sounds bloody annoying. That message about the call centres being closed just plays when the lines are full. But don't get your hopes up. You're unlikely to be able to get through to Virgin. A quick search on here and Twitter shows hundreds of people holding for in excess of several hours and still not being able to speak to a human.

Ignore the people on here with high post counts who will jump in and tell you to use the text service (you won't get a reply on that either) or to call the helpline at *exactly* 8am or that "you don't just get an engineer because you want one". It's complete nonsense.

Your options are probably:

1. Hold on the phoneline if you have the patience but be prepared it will take several days
2. Cancel your contract if you're still in the cooling off period and find a more reliable provider

If I were you I'd have a quick search on Twitter and these forums. It should be very clear which of those options is better.

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The lines are open and you can use the SMS service.

Ignore that person that's created an account yesterday just to slate the communications process.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hey Gary - thanks for the reply. How do I use the SMS service? M.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@mattrogers wrote:

Hey Gary - thanks for the reply. How do I use the SMS service? M.

Why not try our Text Messaging Service?

It's a great way to get help with your services.

Just send your query to 07533051809 and we'll text you back.

We're open 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm weekends.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks champ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Good luck Matt. Come back to use in a few days to see who was right!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Ultimately, cancelling doesn't help me solve my problem. I have no option but to wait.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You're absolutely right if you're under contract. All I'd add is that it may be worth raising a complaint though just so it's logged. They have set timelimits that require them to fix a problem and respond to a complaint.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

No - there are no SLA's for faults and repairs on residential services.

0 Kudos