cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block some websites on hub settings

IYZY
Tuning in

As I have children in the house I was wondering if I can go on the hub settings and block sites I don’t want to be accessed by all the devices connected?

6 REPLIES 6

Z92
Trouble shooter

The hub isn't that sophisticated, if you require better parental controls you really do need to purchase a better quality WiFi router with proper controls. Some even come with an app for your phone that actually works! 

sophist
Trouble shooter

it is possible to do this using Virgin's web/child safe service..

there are other, similar, services available from 3rd parties, but to use those you'll need a 3rd party router too..  

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Broadband hubs are not website filters. They are just devices that allow (or dis-allow) access to the internet not the content being accessed. There are commercial filters out there if you are using a server, such as a business would use to allow their employees access. But in the home you are stuck with installing filters on the devices you are using, or third party routers.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Z92
Trouble shooter

@sophist wrote:

there are other, similar, services available from 3rd parties, but to use those you'll need a 3rd party router too..  

I thought Virgin's web/child safe service only did predefined web sites and you couldn't alter the list? 

sophist
Trouble shooter

@Z92 wrote:

@sophist wrote:

I thought Virgin's web/child safe service only did predefined web sites and you couldn't alter the list? 

i don't use it myself - but i know that you can whitelist, so i assume you can also blacklist.. 

Z92
Trouble shooter

I know that's possible using the Virgin internet safety software on a PC, not sure it's possible without the software.