Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Best router to use with BT Whole Home mesh wifi

I am currently using the Hub 3 in router mode with wifi turned off as I have a 3 disc Whole Home kit to provide wifi.

I'm happy with the wifi coverage but have problems with a wired Ring camera powered via a poe injector to the hub. It regularly freezes and i think this is due to the traffic management on the hub.

What replacement router would people recommend to improve the situation (possibly with QoS as I also have a gaming PC hardwired to the hub)?

Note: Wifi is irrelevant as I'll be turning it off and keeping the BT mesh wifi kit.

Thanks

Andy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best router to use with BT Whole Home mesh wifi

If you want a plain simple good router, take a look at the Ubiquiti kit. I got lots of their kit and it’s excellent. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What routers would you recommend for about £100 or under?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you want full QOS at speeds up to 1G, I would say an EdgeRouter 4. Unfortunately it will cost rather a lot more. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos