Menu
kBraDrs
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Best VPN service? NordVPN is throttled

Hello,

So, I have recently moved house and purchased Virgin Media after being with Sky for so long, it is much faster don't get me wrong. I have been using NordVPN for the last 2 years with Sky and had no issues, but now, once I connect to VPN, my internet speed as a whole is greatly reduced, <= 10%.

After much researching, I saw that iKEV2 was the way to get past this, however this did not work. Is there a VPN provider that isn't throttled by virgin media?

It needs to be quite speedy, I don't want not only my internet traffic to be hidden and spoofed, but I don't want the speeds to drop rapidly. And it also needs to be proven as a No Log VPN just as NordVPN is.

Any ideas?

Thank you for your help

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best VPN service? NordVPN is throttled

Hi kBraDrs,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you have been having issues while trying to use your usual VPN, since your last post have you managed to get any further help with this?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
kBraDrs
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Not so much help, but I have found a solution. I have scrapped NordVPN's service and have moved over to PrivateInternetAccess.

I found that the alternative WireGuard protocol completely removes the problem that I was having. Although PIA does not have as pretty a GUI as NordVPN does, I am very happy with the results.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Solomace
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mate, 

I'm having the same issue and just found your post. 

I've been with PIA for over a year and suffered the slow speeds, however I've switched to wireguard on my PIA but it won't connect and just spins orange.

I've tried to connect automatically and also by choosing other servers, but nothing. 

Do I need to do anything else? Is it still working btw?

Thanks mate.

0 Kudos
Solomace
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's okay, I just reinstalled wireguard.

Cheers.
0 Kudos