cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been told hub 5 is on order and it wasn't

theguycalledsam
Joining in

Got told last week that a hub 5 was on order for me as im on 1 GIG fibre, called today and this isn't the case as per usual i have been fobbed off by virgin media, originally i called and a chap in the tech department advised me that their is no difference in the hub 4 and hub 5. I then explained that I don't get full speeds on the hub 4 and the hub 5 would give me much greater speeds as it has wifi 6 and 2.5gbps ethernet port, to then be transferred AGAIN and told i was right and that i should of been given a hub 5 in the beginning and that i have experienced a lot of disconnections because of the hub4. come on virgin i am paying for a service that im not receiving    

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

At the moment VM policy is to only supply Hub5's to brand new 1GB customers.  Current customers will get/stay with a Hub4 until their stocks of fives are sufficient to satisfy doing upgrades. There are some occasional exceptions of course - e.g... if a visiting Tech only has Hub5's in their van and needs to replace a Hub. 

The policy seems quite fluid and changeable and may change again at any point in the future.

Perhaps as you are experiencing connectivity problems on the Hub4, reporting that as a fault and getting a Tech visit might offer the best chance of getting one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi theguycalledsam, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've had some issues with switching to a Hub 5. I can see since posting, you've spoken to an agent who has referred this over to their manager to authorise the upgrade. The manager will do this as soon as they can, and if approved they will arrange this for you. 

In terms of the broadband issues you're having - can you expand on this further? What sort of issues are you having?

Let us know so we can look into this bit further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs