Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Been charged twice!

I've manually paid for my final bill on the 9th of October as I received an email indicating that it was overdue. The card I paid this amount from is different from the one that was set up for direct debit. 

I received confirmation that this amount had been settled and my final bill was paid, but I have been billed for this amount again on the card originally set up for direct debit, therefore I have twice for the same thing. 

It's really difficult to get a hold of customer service anywhere and have always been left with no answer. Also, as this was for my final bill I am no longer with VirginMedia technically so cannot do anything via MyVirginMedia account. 

Could someone please help me get a refund for this? 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Been charged twice!

You need to call up.

Billing issues can’t be looked into on here. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Direct Debits, nowadays, are not set up for a specific amount, they are set up for a variable amount. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not really sure what you mean? This was my final bill so the amount was different from usual, but I'm saying that it's charged me twice for the same amount just on two different cards
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes the Direct Debits don't change to make up for the fact that a manual payment was made.
Just call up to have the money refunded?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yeah I've been trying to call and chat to customer service using their messaging service but i've had no luck. Understandably, its probably super busy right now but i've been trying for days and really haven't gotten any answers back.
0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's nothing that can be looked into on here.
The only other thing you can do is contact the bank and ask them to reverse the Direct Debit transaction under the Direct Debit Guarantee.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok! Thanks for your help 🙂
0 Kudos