Menu
caitlinballard
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Barely any internet for 2 months

I've been having a really unpleasant time with Virgin Media this year. I work from home so wholly rely on my connection, and have had little to no internet for 2 months now. I called up last month about this, as my contract was ending, instead I was pushed into staying/upgrading and told this would help. For some reason the cooling off period ends before the new package kicks in, so now I'm on a higher package, with still no internet. I have to zoom 3 times a day and my wifi can't manage 3 seconds of a zoom. I've called multiple times and am told 'there's an outage' with a different end time every time. I then flag that I NEED my internet back, or to not be paying for it so I can pay someone else, then I'm told to complain online, then the complaints team tells me to ring up. It's infuriating. I can't even move providers to get working internet because i'm trapped in paying full price for a service i'm not receiving. How does this make sense? I am now told it'll be sorted by the 31st - another two weeks I can't work properly, and another two weeks i'm charged for. Please can someone give me a logical response or solution that doesn't involve 'ring this number/wait for the outage to finally be sorted/file a complaint to our nonchalant complaints team'. I will never be roped into staying with Virgin Media again. 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barely any internet for 2 months

Can you post your Hub status and logs?
Someone should be spot if there is a problem and what it could be!
Navigate to http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode)
Don't log in!
Click on 'router status'
Copy/paste the data from each of the tabs. The forum software will remove the MAC addresses for you (you may need to click the 'post' button again).

Also, set up a 'Broadband Quality Monitor'. This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Barely any internet for 2 months

Hello caitlinballard

Really sorry to hear of the broadband issues and the inconvenience this is causing you, we appreciate you taking the time to contact us via the forums.

From looking at your account we can confirm there are currently congestion issues in your area. This is logged under reference F008916554  with an estimated fix date of the 30th April 2021 at 16.20pm.

We apologise again for the inconvenience caused, the team are working hard to fully resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Rob

0 Kudos