cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad internet service

stuart_j
Tuning in

I have recently had virgin media installed, the tv service works fine but the broadband keeps dropping connection, on average between 3 and 10 times a day.

i have tried to get through the gauntlet of minions on tech support but I'm getting nowhere.

the wifi is ok but it keeps dropping ethernet and loosing the link lights, its 50/50 if a reboot will bring ethernet link lights back up.

how can i get an engineer booked, after 7 phone calls to the minions I'm about done, either they book an engineer or i cancel my new install and they can take their faulty router back.

any help or suggestions please ?.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Phone them in the morning. Follow the options for 'Thinking of leaving us' and say that you are cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period unless they can get you a working Hub immediately.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Phone them in the morning. Follow the options for 'Thinking of leaving us' and say that you are cancelling within the 14 day cooling off period unless they can get you a working Hub immediately.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

it went off 5 times since i made that post. i just managed to run the online broadband check again, which failed and the automatic book an engineer screen actually popped up, so an engineer is booked for Wednesday morning.

if the engineer doesnt fix the problem, i shall try what you suggest.

Thanks 👍

Hello stuart_j

Sorry to hear of the broadbadn issues since your installation, we appreciate you taking the time to raise this via the forums and welcome to the community.

I can see there is a visit booked in for today and from looking at the connection it looks to be power level issues on the downstream channels. I have noted the account just to let the technician know prior to the visit.

Let us know how the visit goes.

Rob