Menu
Jodiekeenan
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Bad Wifi

I have called numerous times and I cant speak to anyone. 

My wifi does not reach my kitchen, this room is only 9 metres from my hub!

What can I do its a nightmare. 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bad Wifi

It depends what is in those 9 metres. Walls, floors, fridge?

The VM Hub is a basic device with weak WiFi.  There are a number of ways to extend its coverage, but they will involve some cost.  Are you prepared for that?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Helping-Hands/bg-p/Helping_Hands

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

After looking at the link posted, then If it is a wifi only issue, on a Hub3, you can try separating the SSID's of the 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi bands by renaming them in the settings and at the same time switch off "channel optimisation" apply and save the settings. All wifi devices will need reconnecting to the best SSID at each location. Also use a wifi scanning App to find the best wifi channels to use (just select and use channels 1,6,11 on 2.4GHz) - this often helps Hub3 users get better wifi performance - but its still no substitute for getting better kit 🙂

To address the wif issuesi, VM now supply “wifi Pods” (not “boosters”). Pods are free to “some customers” but most will be charged £5/month and right now they dont have enough supplies to provide them - unless you have a demonstrable wifi issue.

And at that level of investment you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever and which will cure all your wifi problems.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi @Jodiekeenan

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Sorry to hear that you aare having trouble getting in touch with us on the phone regarding your WiFi that does not reach your kitchen, I understand how frustrating this must be.

Have you downloaded our Connect App here to scan your home for WiFi Blackspots? If the App finds any then you will be prompted to order an Intelligent WiFi Pod to improve things.

Our Pods are free to customers on Ultimate Oomph or Gig1 packages, or they cost £5 per month if you are not on those packages.

Are there any thick walls or big units in the area where your WiFi connection drops out?

Best wishes,

Serena

0 Kudos
Jodiekeenan
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for the reply.

I have tried to sign up to pay the extra £5 for these pods but the website isn’t letting me.

Are you able to set this up for me.

It’s becoming an absolute nightmare I can’t even take any work video calls.
thanks 

0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Jodiekeenan

Sorry to hear that you were unable to order the Pods from the website.

I would be more than happy to order these for you from here, I will send you a private message so that we can clear DPA and get this sorted 🙂

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Jodiekeenan wrote:

Ok thanks for the reply.

I have tried to sign up to pay the extra £5 for these pods but the website isn’t letting me.

Are you able to set this up for me.

It’s becoming an absolute nightmare I can’t even take any work video calls.
thanks 

Don't get the pods!!!

Use the hub in modem mode and get a decent router!!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jodiekeenan,

Thanks for coming back to us, I can see you are already in a chat with Serena getting this resolved, please let us know if you do have any further issues?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos