cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baby Monitor

WJHouse
Tuning in

We have had a Hub 3 for around 4 months now and have had nothing but issues and people coming out to resolve issues. One which hasn't been resolved and still having issues with is when the baby monitor is on my phone and Samsung smart TV lose all Internet (WiFi) connection completely. They are the only 2 devices on the 2.4 ghz all other devices are on 5.0 ghz. We have reset, pin reset, the monitor is around 5 metres away from hub, the lot. We haven't been able to use the baby monitor for this amount of time and having a disabled daughter it is vital to us to have this on. 

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately a lot of baby monitors work on the same frequency as the 2.4MHz WiFi band. One thing that may work is to go into the hub settings, turn off smart/intelligent WiFi and try each of the available bands in turn to see if one works, they are 1, 6 or 11. If this does not work I’m afraid you will have to look for another monitor or possibly a WiFi camera with sound. This problem can happen with any ISP and VM will not be able to help.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Do you know of this will affect the other connections I have on other devices and the speed? 

Surely VM will be able to do something as w3 have paid 100s of pounds for the monitor as mentioned because of daughters condition and VM is the other network I have had issues with it affecting the monitor. 

Both BT and Sky are perfect with it.

Cheers 

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a better wifi router with 1Gb ports and put hub in modem mode.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The thing is I shouldn't have to do that. We are paying for a service which we are not getting and getting punished for having a disabled daughter!!! It's a joke!!!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You're paying for a broadband service, which comes with a free, basic router.

Wireless issues are outside of any ISP's control, VM included.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It pointless paying each month for a service which you are not receiving when you have a **bleep** baby monitor.

What is so difficult to understand and get through to people's heads. 

The service does NOT work with a baby monitor. If there is issues with the equipment then this should be rectified as other providers (for a cheaper price p/m) do not have this issue. And nowhere is the terms and conditions does it say this about them and nor does it say you have to buy extras for their shody equipment to work as it should.....correctly

Utterly useless

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like an issue the family could well do without.

It seems to be a very common one (as others have pointed out above and is certainly not limited to VM) and there are lots of articles and blogs on it.

This one seems to have more suggestions than most https://thesafebabyhub.com/baby-monitor-interference/

Thank you for your help and actually useful potentional solutions to my issue. 

I will try these things to see if they can help and not make me fork enough alot more money to what we have already. 

Cheers again Cardiffman281

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

@WJHouse wrote:

The thing is I shouldn't have to do that. We are paying for a service which we are not getting and getting punished for having a disabled daughter!!! It's a joke!!!

Like buying a car you have to pay to have it serviced...would be nice if it was free or how about driving a car without insurance? Maybe if we all pay £1 a month more to have better hub/firmware then things will be better?

If you don't like VM and the cost of VM service and the hub you really should look elsewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------------