cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT disc loses ip address after hub upgrade

extrusion
Tuning in

Hi. I had superhub 3 and three bt wholesome discs due to poor signal in bedrooms and garage.

I got an email from saying you look like you need a new hub. Great! I received a superhub 4.

Since swapping over the main disc, connected by cable, works for around five minutes with no issues and seems to lose it's up address. Wait five minutes and it comes back.

I have tried factory resetting the disc, swapping a disc to another, factory resetting the hub, switching off 2.4ghz & 5ghz on hub all to no avail.

Is there anything else I can try? I've seen here that there are virgin pods? Would I be eligible for one and would it work??

Thanks.

extrusion

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a router with 1Gb ports use hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Get a router with 1Gb ports use hub in modem mode
---------------------------------------------------------------

It is not uncommon to see reports of Hub 4 being super sensitive to anything less than a perfect network cable.

Before ditching the BT Discs that have worked well until the Hub change, it would  be sensible to buy new CAT6A cable for the Hub4 to Disc 1 connection.

What is described here sounds like a classic network connection stability issue. 

I got the tplink router as this is how I used to connect before going over the 100mbs limit and everything seems to be going ok now. More flashing lights, cables and another electric point but hopefully this will do the job better.

Thanks