Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT Wole Home WiFi AND New Virgin Hub

I am currently with Plusnet and using BT Whole Home WiFi with a BT Home Hub 6. I am moving to Virgin in the next few days. I am wondering what I have to do to my 6 discs to work with the virgin hub, is it just a matter of resetting the first hard wired disc or do I have to reset the whole system and start each disc again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BT Wole Home WiFi AND New Virgin Hub

Hello

All you will need to do is to place the hub you receive from Virgunmedia into modem only mode and then you can connect the system up too the hub. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode

If you have problems when you get install by all means come back to the forum.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The easiest thing to do would be put all the components back to factory settings and start from scratch.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@DJ_Shadow1966 wrote:

Hello

All you will need to do is to place the hub you receive from Virgunmedia into modem only mode and then you can connect the system up too the hub. https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-hub-modem-mode

If you have problems when you get install by all means come back to the forum.

Regards Mike

BT Whole Home has no routing capabilities so the hub needs to stay in Router Mode

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for all your help, it was easy to connect Whole Home WiFi to new hub, I did have to to reboot (pulled out and reinserted power plug) disc 1 (has to be hard wired). Everything now OK with all my discs , some minor niggles did occur though:-

Cameras connected to network had to be rebooted (turn off power and restart)

I coudn't work out initially why NAS drives were invisible to my Media Player and Laptop, in a flash of inspiration I wondered if IP address had changed - which it had!  I had to access NAS drives main setup - I didnt change anything but it worked, Laptop sorted itself after reboot.

The only other problem I had was for some reason I could not disable WiFi on the new hub. but I left it on and doesn't seem to cause problems

0 Kudos