Menu
andrewrlamb
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

BT Whole Hoe Disc Issues

Hi, my daughter recently rearraged our dining room and in doing so unplugged a number fo things from my virgin hub 3 including the BT Whole Home disc. Since it has been plugged back in we have had no wifi and supposedly the disc should cylce through colours when connected to the hub but just stays on pink. I have tried each disc in the hub and they all only get as far as pink and when i am logged onto the Hub 3 i cannot see the disc come up under connected devices as if the ethernet port doesnt recognise the disc (tried this on all ethernet ports). I am at a loss because BT said it was a disc fault (no troubleshooting though) but how do 5 remote discs all fail at the same time? I've also tried other cables too. I wondered how it might be something to do with the hub?? Any thoughts appreciated.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT Whole Hoe Disc Issues

Can you confirm the hub is in router mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
andrewrlamb
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yes the hub is in router mode. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You might need to reset all 3 of the discs and set them back up again.

I think as well with the BT discs, whichever one was connected to the Router initially has to be that same disc again - i.e. you cannot take the disc from the dining room (for example) and connect that to the router as the primary node.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

See if a PC/laptop by wire works to the hubs ports.

You could look at getting a wired router and put the hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos