Menu
phill600
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BT LOCAL EXCHANGES

Hi just out of interest when I was shopping for broadband I was looking at other ISP and when I made inquiry about there speeds they always checked how far the by exchange was away from me.Then said it would not be anything special. if you have virgin media as a phone line do you have to have virgin media ?
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT LOCAL EXCHANGES

Virgin Media services are on a separate network to BT Openreach based providers.

You can't mix the two.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT LOCAL EXCHANGES

You could say you “cannot mix the two”, but that’s not the whole story.

VM services use totally different infrastructure to BT and other providers that use the telephone wires for their internet service. VM services is provided by either a dual Siamese coax/telephone cable or fibre optic cable to your home.

What you can do is have a BT telephone service and a VM broadband/TV service. This is not usually cost justifiable as the VM telephone/broadband, telephone/broadband/TV or telephone/broadband/TV/mobile phone packages are usually cheaper if you take the telephone service.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos