Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

BROADBAND

Dear Sirs,

We have a Virgin media fibre broadband service at our residence which is experiencing connectivity issues through a particular backup device. Other services and devices seem to work fine. Further tests by our IT consultant reveal that connecting to a specific IP or DNS service seem to return errors, in particular while using DDNS services. When we take this same backup device to another location and try connecting through a different ISP the device connects without any errors. The problem seems to be establishing connection from our residential internet connection supplied by you. DNS name does not resolve and tests reveal DNS server errors. 

We are currently using a Hub3.0 supplied you which is very restricted in it's ability to configure DDNS and other services including any firewall services. 

Please advice on what the issue could be and where we could start troubleshooting. 

Please also check and ensure that the  IP address [Removed]  is NOT black listed. 

Regards
Mukesh Shah

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: BROADBAND

put the hub into modem mode and use your own router that supports the services you require.

Also don’t post your public IP address 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Change the DNS in your web browser to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

Change the DNS in your web browser to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos