Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

BROADBAND ISSUES

I called Virgin to move our hub at a cost of £100 a few months back- we have had some work at home and wanted to move it to the new area of the house. while we we doing the work we got the builders to put in a cat6 network cable so we could have a wireless access point upstairs as we have 3 floors in our house. initially all was well and the access point worked fine and we had really good wifi signal everywhere. then slowly the problems started with it dropping every so often so the hub needed rebooting - a real problem when 4 of you are working from home and on zoom. we also then tried to set up a sonos speakers in separate rooms - the hub didn't like this at all. it played for a few minutes and then dropped completely. we also have ring, adt and hive set up which seems to work ok. however pretty much every day we have to reboot the hub. virgin are not being helpful at all -i am paying for the best broadband package and they can't resolve my issues. 

can anyone please suggest what i can do? 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: BROADBAND ISSUES

Have you ruled out the AP being an issue?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes, same issues when the ap is switched off and disconnected 

0 Kudos
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos