Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Auto Compensation

Hi all,

I only have Virgin Media broadband, but I have the 500M package, and it has now been down since about 12:30, apparently there is an issue in my area, I wanted to log the fault for the auto compensation, but I can't find where the option is, I remember doing it a while back, it was simply offered after a service test, bit it seems to no longer be an available offer, I have checked their help page, and it says that as of June the Auto Compensation should be back.

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Auto Compensation

I believe there is an option to start the "timer' if you call the known faults line on 0800 561 0061.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it's 2am lol, I live with my 4 kids and the Mrs, I am sure they wouldn't want to hear me on the phone at this time in the morning, that's why I was looking for the online option, I have sent them a message via their website, but it doesn't seem to be a live chat, apparently they will get back to me withing 24 hours...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The auto compensation scheme is a poor joke.  Your broadband has to be down for two full working days before you're entitled to anything.  How does that strike you?  They continue to charge customers for outages for two days for each customer on each event without paying a brass razzoo.  And what's more because the telephony system is crap you often get a recorded message and auto disconnection, so you can't register the loss of connection. 

"No sir, you're not entitled to any compensation because you didn't report the loss of service",

"But your system TOLD me there was a fault, you KNEW",

"I'm sorry sir, you have to report it yourself",

"But I couldn't, when I phoned your system told me there was a fault and disconnected me",

"So you admit you didn't report the loss of service?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It’s probably down for maintenance which is normal 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@MGenovese wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, it's 2am lol, I live with my 4 kids and the Mrs, I am sure they wouldn't want to hear me on the phone at this time in the morning, t

Just for info - the 0800 number is "automated" you speak to no-one - as I recall when I last did it it was a case of "press button "x" if you want to claim"

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos