cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio jittering on wifi (zoom/ mobile phone calls etc)

Sdoughty
Joining in

When I am connected to wi-fi my audio cuts out intermittently. This happens on zoom calls (the video is fine) and when I am speaking on my mobile phone when connected to the wifi. I will be talking and then the sound cuts out and the person can not hear me and I can’t hear them. This happens most days on most Calls dropping in and out throughout the calls every minute or so for about 2 seconds. I miss important information and I know people are getting sick of repeating themselves. 
My phone works fine when I switch to 3G but I can’t switch to 3G on my work laptop so have to dial in on my personal phone at the same time and mute my zoom on my work laptop which is a real pain.

reading other peoples issues online, it sounds like this is an issue with the local area being busy but that really isn’t a helpful answer. I really would like some support in getting a better service if possible. 

Many thanks in anticipation of some advice that will get me a better audio on my laptop so I can hear what people are saying and they can hear me without the sound dropping in and out.

Many thanks 

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

These problems are often caused by poor or erratic latency.  Setup a Broadband Quality Monitor as that'll show if there's anything odd going on with your VM connection.  Post a LINK to a LIVE, SHARED graph here and we'll see what's happening.  Usually needs to run for 24 hours before we can draw reasonable conclusions, but the live graph will continuously update so you can post the link immediately.

You may also want connect to the hub by clicking on this link http://192.168.0.1/  That should pull up the log in page for the hub.  But don't log in, just click on the link "Check router status"  That'll bring up a window with five tabs.  Open the Downstream tab.  Select all the text (Ctrl-A if using a keyboard), copy it (Ctrl-C), then paste it (Ctrl-V) into a reply here as TEXT not screenshots.  Post that, do the same for the Upstream and Network log.  You'll get an error message when you post the Network log, just click on "post" a second time.  Then we can check for any obvious problems with power, noise or error counts.