Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Attenuator hanging loose

I live in shared accommodation and for my work (big data exports) I need a reliable connection so am paying for the net.

I came back this evening with internet connection down and the attenuator hanging at an angle out of the Hub 3 and clearly loose and looks like tampering. Is this something I can and am allowed to fix or is this a tech job? If so, is it best to contact 0345 454 1111 when it's most definately a hardware issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Attenuator hanging loose

Firstly, if it is your VM Contract, keep it secure to prevent tampering.

Has the attenuator been unscrewed from the rear of the Hub or has it been knocked ?

The attenuator is best placed at the wall end of the white WAN cable.

The attenuator should always be fitted when the Hub is switched off and before the cable is connected.

Give it a go.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick response, much appreciated.

It appears to have been knocked/pulled, so the male end of the attenuator is loose in the Hub with no discernable contact, its mobile in the chasis.

I've tried applying a light screwing motion to try to get the attenuator secured but I can't feel any teeth to screw into inside the hub.

Best wishes,

Gareth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi GazSam,

Thanks for posting and sorry for the late reply. 

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see you've been able to contact us to get this sorted 🙂

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos