cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Router Wifi speeds dropped on Hub5 (Modem) compared to Hub3 (Modem)

MightyTharg
Joining in

This is a weird one and somewhat unexpected.
I've just upgraded from M500 to 1Gig and plugged in the new Hub 5 to replace the existing Hub 3 in my lounge. 

I use 4 Asus Mesh routers to get coverage around the house (Victorian with high ceilings and thick walls) and was used to getting 400-500+ in my "office" using my PC over Wifi and pretty much 300+ over Wifi in most places using other devices 

So I put the Hub 5 in place, set it to modem mode, rebooted my Asus routers and my Wifi speeds have dropped. the BEST I've seen in the office on my PC is 300 (against the 400 - 500+ I used to see) and in my lounge on my phone the best I've seen is 420 rather than the (490 - 540) I used to.

Meanwhile the Hub 5 reckons it's getting over 1Gig incoming.

Just to reiterate; the only piece of equipment which has changed is VM Hub from the old 3 to the new 5. Everything else is the same. 

Anybody had this problem before and have any suggestions? 

Cheers    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

basilbert
Joining in

Out of interest which RJ45 port are you using on the Hub5? One of them is 2.5Gb and I wonder if auto negotiation is causing an issue?

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

basilbert
Joining in

Out of interest which RJ45 port are you using on the Hub5? One of them is 2.5Gb and I wonder if auto negotiation is causing an issue?

I was using the 2.5Gb but swapped to one of the 1Gb which seems to have resolved the issue